Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Announcements and Finding the Details

Hello everyone!

Hopefully you all have been enjoying this cool weather we've been having! I think it's fantastic. Recently, I started learning how to knit. Currently, I'm knitting a baby blue scarf which will be perfect if the weather remains as is. As I've added this new skill to my repertoire, I've realized how much it has given me a curiosity for details. I'm suddenly examining all my clothes to see how the stitching fits together, and I'm paying closer attention to things and even people in hopes of finding some details I may have missed that could lead me to have a deeper understanding of everything and everyone around me.

I encourage you all to take in the details. Sometimes the details aren't important, but sometimes they lead you to something worthwhile. There are details in people's lives, and if you pay close enough attention, the details will lead you to asking good questions about the people around you, enabling you to invest more of yourself into your relationships. It's a great part of living life together.

Announcements:

1) Bible Study is Sunday at 10:30am in the Allen Room! Come join us as we continue in our series "Get Uncomfortable".

2) FREE! Meal is Sunday in the Fellowship Hall at 6pm! Come enjoy food and friends as we celebrate our Global Awareness Sunday!
 
3) Email us at college@pdbc.org if you are interested in the ski trip! The first deposit is $150 and due December 1st! It's going to be a blast!
 
4) On November 18th, there will be a Romania interest meeting for the upcoming mission trip next semester! Meet in the PDBC Café at noon!
 
5) Prayer is November 16th at John and Elya’s house! 625 Glenhaven at 7am! We hope to see you bright and early!

Have an awesome week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment