Tuesday, August 31, 2010

New Year (kindof)

A new year has begun (well kind of). Toward the end of the summer things begin to get busy. Students are rushing back to school. Parents are getting their kids to school. People with no kids have to deal with teens going to school (traffic and such). It just seems like life hits a hundred miles per hour and then wants to go faster.

Where do we find the time to do it all? In fact we have so many important things that we have to choose constantly what is important. Sometimes we get our priorities out of line.

In the next series at the gathering we will deal into the topic of creating Margins. Im particularly excited because in the margins I begin to reconnect with what is really meaningful in my life. That is relationships with God and man as well as self-reflection. In my past weeks I have been applying the principle of creating margins to better help my actions (and probably more importantly my reactions) in the busy times. It is one of life’s paradigms to think that we have to make time to not be busy so that we can be more effective when we are busy. I think God has a lot in store for us in the next couple of weeks.

Matthew 11.28

“Come to me all you who are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest”

Charles Pannell

Associate Minister of Worship and Connection

the gathering

No comments:

Post a Comment